The project is a base load Coal-Fired Power Plant with a net capacity of 300MW using the Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) technology. All project facilities will be located in an approximate 40-hectare property in Barangay Bato, Toledo City.
There is a continuous increase in demand for electricity at the national level while at the regional level, the Department of Energy (DOE) projects 2016 to 2018 as a critical period for the Visayas Grid. The project is expected to be on line by 2016 and will therefore be a major source of power during the projected critical period for the Visayas Grid.
Apercu prepared the Environmental Impact Statement report which included the following studies:
- Land Module – Geology, Pedology and Terrestrial Ecology (Flora and Fauna)
- Water Module – Hydrology, Water Quality, Thermal Plume Modeling, Freshwater and Marine Ecology, Fisheries and Marine Wildlife
- Air Module – Ambient Air Quality, Ambient Noise and Air Dispersion Modeling
- People Module – Perception Survey, Traffic Study and Health Impact Assessment
- Environmental Risk Assessment
The ECC was issued on May 2013 by DENR-EMB Central Office.