The Environmental Impact Statement report was prepared for the 300MW Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) Coal-Fired Power Plant Project. The power plant is located in Barangay Binugao, Toril District, Davao City and in Barangay Inawayan, Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur. The project intends to provide security of power supply in view of the projected shortage, peak demand and the reserve required at the regional level. The project will ensure stable quality of power for the area by locating a base-load plant where the majority of the load is located.
Apercu conducted the following surveys for the power plant:
- Land Module – Geology, Pedology and Terrestrial Ecology (Flora and Fauna)
- Water Module – Hydrology, Water Quality, Thermal Plume Modeling, Freshwater and Marine Ecology, Fisheries and Marine Wildlife
- Air Module – Ambient Air Quality, Ambient Noise and Air Dispersion Modeling
- People Module – Perception Survey, Traffic Study and Health Impact Assessment
- Environmental Risk Assessment
The ECC was issued on September 2011 by DENR-EMB Central Office.