Monitoring activities for ambient air quality and noise for Masbate Gold Project (MGP) were conducted in April 2009 and October 2010. The MGP of Filminera Resources Corporation is located in Brgy. Puro, Aroroy, Masbate. One of the major facilities of the mine site is a 30 MW Power Plant, which supplies sufficient power to the mine site. MGP maintains and operates five units of Wartsila generator sets. The emission tests for the five units of generator sets were undertaken by Apercu as part of the annual emission monitoring requirements. Ambient air quality and noise monitoring were also undertaken to assess the existing air quality of areas in the vicinity of the power station. Ambient air quality and noise measurements were taken at 7 sampling stations for 1-hour monitoring period. Three of these stations were monitored for 24 hours.
- Environmental Studies - Impact Assessments, Environmental Performance, Due Diligence
- Monitoring and Baseline Surveys - Ambient Air Quality, Water Quality, Fresh Water Ecology, Marine Ecology w/ Underwater Video, Vegetation and Wildlife, Household Perception
- Permitting - CNC, ECC, ECC Amendment, Tree-Cutting Permits
- Others - ERA, Air Dispersion Modeling, Thermal Plume Modeling, Production of IEC Material
- Environmental Enhancement Projects - Giant Clam Seeding, Artificial reefs, Marine Protected Areas, Carbon Sink