Therma South, Inc., a subsidiary of Aboitiz Power Corporation, will construct and operate a 300-MW Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) coal-fired power project located in Barangay Binugao, Davao City and in Barangay Inawayan, Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur. Aperçu conducted site assessments in several locations and assisted TSI in choosing the final project site. Aperçu conducted the Environmental Impact Statement for this thermal power plant project. Baseline studies conducted include geologic surveys, extensive flora and fauna surveys, freshwater and marine ecology surveys. Air dispersion modeling, thermal plume modeling and risk assessment were conducted for the power plant. Data on soil, water, air and noise were also gathered, as well as socio-economic and health data from Davao City and Davao del Sur. Apercu also carried out focus group discussions and perception surveys on the host communities and assisted the client in public scoping and consultations. The ECC for the project was acquired in September 2011.
- Environmental Studies - Impact Assessments, Environmental Performance, Due Diligence
- Monitoring and Baseline Surveys - Ambient Air Quality, Water Quality, Fresh Water Ecology, Marine Ecology w/ Underwater Video, Vegetation and Wildlife, Household Perception
- Permitting - CNC, ECC, ECC Amendment, Tree-Cutting Permits
- Others - ERA, Air Dispersion Modeling, Thermal Plume Modeling, Production of IEC Material
- Environmental Enhancement Projects - Giant Clam Seeding, Artificial reefs, Marine Protected Areas, Carbon Sink