The Environmental Impact Statement report for the 600MW Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) Coal-Fired Power Plant Project was prepared by Apercu. The project is located within a 100-hectare property in Barangay Culaman, Malita, Davao del Sur. The project aims to ease the power supply shortage in the Mindanao grid. It also intends to provide a long-term solution to the rotating brown-outs in the Mindanao area.
Apercu conducted the following surveys for the project:
- Land Module – Geology, Pedology and Terrestrial Ecology (Flora and Fauna)
- Water Module – Hydrology, Water Quality, Thermal Plume Modeling, Freshwater and Marine Ecology, Fisheries and Marine Wildlife
- Air Module – Ambient Air Quality, Ambient Noise and Air Dispersion Modeling
- People Module – Perception Survey, Traffic Study and Health Impact Assessment
- Environmental Risk Assessment
The ECC was issued on June 2013 by DENR-EMB Central Office.