The Bauang Private Power Corporation commissioned Apercu to conduct a study to explore means of bringing BPPC’s 225 MW Diesel-Fired Power Plant into compliance with the PCAA-IRR emission standards and Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) provision at the least cost. A Predictive Emissions Monitoring System (PEMS) software program was developed utilizing existing historical data from the plant’s operations. The reliability and value of PEMS as an alternative to CEMS was established by the study and available options and cost-effective measures for reducing pollutant emissions were determined. A cost benefit analysis of the various options was included in the report. A Compliance Plan was also developed based on the results of the study.
- Environmental Studies - Impact Assessments, Environmental Performance, Due Diligence
- Monitoring and Baseline Surveys - Ambient Air Quality, Water Quality, Fresh Water Ecology, Marine Ecology w/ Underwater Video, Vegetation and Wildlife, Household Perception
- Permitting - CNC, ECC, Tree-Cutting Permits
- Others - ERA, Air Dispersion Modeling, Thermal Plume Modeling, Production of IEC Material
- Environmental Enhancement Projects - Giant Clam Seeding, Artificial reefs, Marine Protected Areas, Carbon Sink